The RAW ECN Trading Account
GLX offers variable spreads via the metaTrader trading platforms. We are able to offer tight spreads thanks to our mix of liquidity providers ensuring our spreads remain tight and liquidity deep 24/5.
Our typical spreads can go as low as 0.1 pips and can be viewed from within the trading platform.
We are driven by a passion for innovation, a commitment to excellence, and a focus on client success.
LOT / SIDE
What is ECN Trading
A raw trading ECN (Electronic Communication Network) Forex account is a type of trading account that provides direct access to the interbank market, where different financial institutions, such as banks, hedge funds, and other traders, interact with each other to execute trades.
Some key characteristics of a raw trading ECN Forex account:
- Direct Market Access: With an ECN account, traders can access the interbank market directly, bypassing any intermediaries. This allows for faster order execution and potentially better pricing.
- No Dealing Desk (NDD): ECN accounts are typically NDD accounts, which means there is no dealing desk intervention. Orders are executed based on the available liquidity in the market without any conflicts of interest.
- Tight Spreads: ECN brokers usually offer tighter spreads compared to other types of accounts. Spreads can vary and are influenced by the liquidity available in the market.
- Variable Commissions: Instead of charging a markup on spreads, ECN brokers often charge a separate commission per trade. The commission structure can vary depending on the broker and the trading volume.
- Market Depth: ECN accounts provide access to the market depth, which shows the current bid and ask prices in the market, along with the available liquidity at each price level. This information helps traders make more informed trading decisions.
- Straight-Through Processing (STP): ECN accounts typically use STP execution, where orders are transmitted directly to the liquidity providers without any manual intervention from the broker.
- Scalping and News Trading: ECN accounts are popular among scalpers and news traders who aim to take advantage of short-term price movements and volatility. The fast execution and competitive pricing make it suitable for these trading strategies.
It’s worth noting that while ECN accounts offer several advantages, they may have higher minimum deposit requirements compared to other types of accounts. Additionally, ECN trading involves a different fee structure, and traders should consider the potential impact of commissions on their overall trading costs.
As Forex trading regulations and broker offerings can vary, it’s important to research and compare different brokers to find the one that best suits your trading needs and preferences.