- Forex CFDs – The Forex market provides traders the opportunity to trade 24 hours a day, 5 days a week in the world’s most liquid financial market. Traders can take advantage of some of the tightest spreads, superior execution, and deep liquidity across 61 currency pairs.
- Index CFDs – Gain exposure to the world’s largest equity markets through GLXs’ offering of global Indices CFDs. With spreads from 0.4 points on 25 Indices, traders can take a wider view of equities markets whilst enjoying commission free and 24/5 trading across major markets.
- Futures CFDs – Futures are one of the most popular form of CFDs. GLX offers a range of Futures from around the world, including ICE Dollar Index and CBOE VIX Index. Online Futures based CFDs are offered exclusively on GLX’s MetaTrader 5 Platform.
- Commodity CFDs – Trade energy, agriculture and metals products like a currency pair against the USD or as a Futures CFD. We have combined tight pricing and flexible lot sizes from 10c per point to give you one powerful product.
- Cryptocurrency CFDs – Go long or short across our range of the world’s largest and most popular Cryptocurrencies. Trade against other retail traders 5 days a week where price movements are driven primarily by fear and greed, news and prevailing sentiment. Enjoy trading with a leverage of up to 1:200.
- Stock CFDs – Access large-cap Stocks CFDs across the NYSE and NASDAQ stock exchanges. We have selected a range of the world’s most popular companies to give you the best trading opportunities.
Open 24 hours a day 5 days a week, the foreign exchange market is the largest and most liquid market in the world with volumes of over $4 trillion a day surpassing any exchange based market.
Foreign exchange trading involves trading one currency pair against another, predicting that one currency will rise or fall against another. Currencies are traded in pairs, like the Euro versus the US Dollar (EUR/USD).
GLX offers Forex traders some of the tightest spreads out of all Forex exchange brokers globally with our EUR/USD spread averaging 0.1 pips. Tight spreads combined with our low latency enterprise grade hardware makes GLX the best choice for active day traders and those using Expert Advisors.
Forex trading is similar to trading shares or futures except that when trading foreign exchange you are buying or selling one currency against another and you do not take delivery of the underlying currency. One of the key advantages Forex has over other financial instruments is that relatively small lot sizes can be traded – lot sizes can be as small as 1000 units (one micro lot). Typically, foreign exchange also involves leverage which in some cases can be as high as 1:1000, which is very different to trading shares where no leverage is involved.
Indices are the most popular form of CFDs. GLX has a large range of Indices from around the world to choose from, including the UK FTSE 100 Index, US E-mini S&P 500 and US DJIA Index.
A stock index is a good indicative measure of market performance. Indices such as the FTSE 100 and DJIA Index are baskets of blue chip stocks listed on the exchange and are generally a good measure of the current market sentiment. A change in the performance of any constituent stock in an index is reflected in a change in the overall value of that index.
Indices have the advantage of allowing traders to take a wider view of a basket of stocks rather than taking a view on one individual stock alone.
Futures CFD are priced directly from the underlying futures markets, with commissions, financing charges and dividend adjustments all built into the spread itself. GLX offers competitive spreads across all of our Future CFDs.
GLX offers a flexible and easy way to gain exposure to some of the world’s most popular CFDs on Commodities including energies and metals all from within your trading platform.
Commodity markets are attractive to speculators as they are susceptible to dramatic changes in supply and demand.
GLX allows trading of spot energy contracts including Crude Oil, Brent, and Natural Gas from your trading platforms against the US Dollar.
Trading energy contracts as a spot instrument has many advantages for investors who are only interested in price speculation.
GLX allows trading the spot price for metals including Gold or Silver against the US Dollar or Euro and the metals Platinum or Palladium against the US Dollar as a currency pair on 1:1000 leverage.
In addition to energy and metal contracts, at GLX we offer a range of soft commodity products to trade, including corn, soybeans, sugar, cocoa, coffee, and wheat as CFDs – all with low spreads and leverage up to 1:100.
The leverage available on Cryptocurrency pairs BTCUSD, ETHUSD, LTCUSD and BCHUSD is now 1:200.
Unlike other asset classes (FX, Equities, CFDs on Commodities, etc.), the Cryptocurrency market is dominated by retail speculators. With GLX Cryptocurrency CFDs, you will trade in a market where there is no central bank intervention, interbank dealers controlling order flow or giant pension funds moving prices.
Price movements on Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum are driven primarily by news and prevailing sentiment, i.e. the fear and greed of retail speculators. These sometimes dramatic shifts can lead to massive intraday price swings, making Cryptocurrency CFDs an exciting product for aggressive and experienced day traders.
The GLX Cryptocurrency CFD product allows traders to go long or short without actually holding the Cryptocurrency. This means traders can get exposure to the price of the Cryptocurrency without worrying about the security risks associated with storing it and the counterparty risk from the exchange. This is similar to trading Energy Futures such as oil rather than owning physical oil to speculate on its price.
GLX single stock CFD give traders the ability to trade the world’s most popular companies such as Apple, Facebook or BHP Billiton.
We have listed the most popular stocks across the US markets to give you the best trading opportunities. Alternatively you can trade global macro themes with our special selection of US Exchange listed CFDs including a range of emerging markets Indices and popular such as the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners (GDX).
Stocks are available exclusively on the GLX MetaTrader 5 platform which offers advanced functionalities for both new and experienced traders who require world class execution and superior charting tools.
Stock trading involves buying or selling a share of ownership in an individual company listed on an exchange such as the ASX or NASDAQ. Stocks are typically traded without leverage and through a stock exchange. Stock CFDs however can be traded using leverage and are done so over-the-counter (OTC). Participants are able to access stocks of individual companies, building positions in an individual company or in a specified sector of the economy.
Participants often build strategies with diversification in mind to diversify away unsystematic risk across a number of companies or a range of sectors. Investors may choose to build positions in defensives if they are predicting volatility. Similarly, investors may decide to build a portfolio around a growth strategy consisting of small to mid-cap technology stocks.